ASHLEY – Quick action from a by-stander who knew CPR is credited for saving a man’s life at an Ashley restaurant.
Police were called to Deano's Diner on 202 W State Street Wednesday morning just before the noon hour. There was an unresponsive 61 year old man with no pulse at the restaurant.
First officers on the scene found a Good Samaritan already performing CPR on the man. Officers took over until the Ashley Fire Rescue arrived.
Firefighters used an automated external defibrillator (AED) and delivered one shock to the man. As the paramedics arrived on scene, the male began breathing and regained consciousness.
(07-18-2019) Michigan jobless rate unchanged in June
(07-18-2019) Three Rivers Commission says no to recreational marijuana
(07-18-2019) Two from Orland charged with failure to register
(07-17-2019) White Pigeon man sentenced for sexual misconduct
(07-17-2019) Commissioners approve courthouse historical fund
(07-17-2019) Steuben County "Jane Doe" identified 20 years later
(07-17-2019) Bronson man sentenced for assault
(07-16-2019) Eastwood School wins special designation
(07-16-2019) Two positions in Lagrange Co. government go unfilled
(07-16-2019) Chase ends with arrest of Elkhart man
(07-16-2019) Lawmakers react to Trump's racial tweets
(07-16-2019) Woman pleads guilty to sex crime with 2-year-old child
(07-16-2019) Rollover crash sends Shipshewana man to the hospital
(07-15-2019) Tuesday at the Fair: Kids Day and Seniors Day
(07-15-2019) Elkhart man sentenced for 2017 robbery spree
(07-15-2019) Girl treated for copperhead bite at Brown County State Park
(07-15-2019) Indiana requests Ag disaster declaration