ASHLEY – Quick action from a by-stander who knew CPR is credited for saving a man’s life at an Ashley restaurant.
Police were called to Deano's Diner on 202 W State Street Wednesday morning just before the noon hour. There was an unresponsive 61 year old man with no pulse at the restaurant.
First officers on the scene found a Good Samaritan already performing CPR on the man. Officers took over until the Ashley Fire Rescue arrived.
Firefighters used an automated external defibrillator (AED) and delivered one shock to the man. As the paramedics arrived on scene, the male began breathing and regained consciousness.
(03-21-2019) Samaritan helps to save man's life in Ashley
(03-21-2019) Two Constantine residents jailed on child abuse charges
(03-21-2019) DeKalb High School principal resigns
(03-21-2019) Learning Center steps forward, middle school deed transfered
(03-21-2019) Parkview enacts visitor restrictions due to flu activity
(03-21-2019) Howe Military focused on cadets following announcement
(03-21-2019) Domestic Battery Arrest Made In LaGrange County
(03-19-2019) ISD board votes to place millage on November ballot
(03-19-2019) Fire damages house in Nottawa
(03-19-2019) Body identified as missing Kendallville man
(03-19-2019) Lagrange man hurt in SR 9 crash
(03-19-2019) Idea of moving compost site raised at commission meeting
(03-19-2019) Pair arrested near Toll Road
(03-19-2019) Attorney General Hill facing ethics complaint
(03-19-2019) Businesswoman, Lagrange booster Estella Mae Carney dies
(03-19-2019) Community committee presents options to Lakeland board
(03-18-2019) Howe Military to close following current school year
(03-16-2019) Police say man gave false account of Sherwood Twp crash
(03-16-2019) Officer fires weapon at Three Rivers man during chase
(03-16-2019) Fire closes State Road 3 in South Milford